チョウコウレイ シャカイ ニオケル シカ ト コウクウ ホケン : ソノ イギ ト ショウライ テンボウ
Significance and Vision about Dentistry and Oral Health Promotion in Japanese Ultra-aged Society
According of a white paper on aging society in 2011, elderly population was almost 30 million and population aging rate was 23.1% on October 1st, 2010 in Japan. Thus Japan has become ultra-aged society. Year by year, number of dependent elderly is increasing and especially light level one is much more. Consequently public nursing care insurance system has been changed in 2006 to focus on care prevention with main six items; impairment of locomotor system, oral function and nutrition, and prevention of social withdrawal, dementia, and depression.
Oral health promotion for elderly must be needed in such the ultra-aged society. In this article, significance and vision about rehabilitation of oral function is considered and mentioned with Japanese social situation, elderly quality of life, dysphagia rehabilitation, brain activities during oral function, cooperation activity between dentistry and nutrition.
Finally the followings would be emphasized as consideration;
1. Education of dental hygienists is significant in the ultra-aged society, because they are specialists of maintaining and supporting oral health and function of elderly.
2. Significance of oral health promotion, including rehabilitation of oral function for elderly, and importance of dental hygienists should be spreaded socially and generally.
3. Doing field research and clinical one using an area characteristic of Tokushima would benefit the Japanese society, not only medical field but also welfare one.
4. Making connection and coordination with administrative organ could be one of important strategies to perform the foregoing.
5. Making a model plan with connection of oral health promotion and welfare projects and then sending information about the model widely could benefit Japanese ultra-aged society.
LID201608222005.pdf 1.34 MB